Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thoughts on Getting Healthy, Juicing and a Raw Food diet

Next May is mine and my husband's 25th wedding anniversary and I want more than anything in the world to wear my wedding dress on the day of our party! I have been working out hard since November 1st of last year and lost very little weight. I have cut high fructose corn syrup, gluten, MSG and junk food. 3 weeks ago I started a raw diet that was going very well until I got a sinus infection and felt lousy so didn't put forth the effort I needed to do the preparations--my bad!

I just finished watching a documentary on Netflix that I started about 6 weeks ago on Youtube (our internet would not load the entire documentary). It is called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead ! What an eye opener! I highly recommend that anyone with any kind of health issues watch this immediately.


Another documentary that I have watched recently is called Simply Raw, you can order the DVD at Raw For Thirty Days . This documentary is about six people who greatly increased their health and decreased their diabetes in 30 days just by eating a raw diet. It is also a must see.


I am now thinking about doing a juice fast for at least 10 days just to see if it will help with the weight loss then continuing with the raw diet. I have tried everything I know to try and I am thinking it is time to pull out the big guns. I am not a big fan of diet fads and trends or weight loss surgery, so this will be my last ditch effort to take the weight off once and for all and just plain get healthy! I have enjoyed the juicing I have been doing the last few weeks so I know that I can handle drinking the juice. The hard part will be the detoxing and trying to stay motivated with everyday life obstacles! If you would like to join me in this adventure I welcome the company.

No comments: