Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How I treat my adrenals

I had a friend ask me today how I was treating my adrenals. About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with 'adrenal demise' (I know sounds horrible). Basically my adrenals work backwards from what they should. I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning but I can stay up all night. Here is what I have been doing for my adrenals

Nutmeg essential oil in the morning gets me going
Dr. Christopher's Adrenal Formula (I sometimes also use Enzymatic Therapy the two brands work equally well for me)
Seriphos is another product I have used with some success though it is kinda slow acting
I also use a natural cortisol product that works pretty well
Revitalizing Sleep Formula by Enzymatic Therapies this helps me sleep when I am supposed to sleep without the hangover feeling the next day.

Recently I discovered a juice blend that is supposed to nourish the adrenals.

juice the following
beets
apple
carrot
and ginger root

I don't think there is a magic formula here just juice and enjoy. I would keep the ginger to small amounts until you get used to the flavor it is potent!

Let me know if you would like to try any of these and I can order most of these supplements from sources that I have set up.

No comments: