Saturday, August 28, 2010

More on the $7 a Meal Healthy Cookbook

I am so loving this cookbook!! The other night we had ginger chicken that was soooo delicious!! My daughter made it and she added a few extra chicken breasts to the marinade so that we would have leftovers for lunch. That was the best chicken diced up and served over a big green salad!! Mouthwatering!!

The recipes are fabulous but this cookbook is also encouraging me to try some new ideas. The other day I had run out of lettuce for a salad and I had to have my raw vegetables, so I made a wonderful pico salad.

Here is the recipe (this one is my own)

1 zucchini diced
a handful of fresh spinach chopped fine
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1 med tomato diced
1 small onion diced

I mixed everything up and drizzled homemade Italian dressing on it. It was wonderful, but the second day it was even better. I ate it plain the first day and the next day I put in on my salad (with the chopped up ginger chicken)!! As my granddaughter says 'YUM'!!

I would love to hear if you try this one and how you like it!!

I have added a link for another cookbook by Susan Irby! I recieved an email from her today telling me that if I liked The $7 a Meal Healthy Cookbook that this one will knock my socks off!! I haven't bought my copy yet but I am excited to actually try some of the recipes in it!  She also gave me permission to share the link to her website!! I am so inspired by this lady! I hope you enjoy her work as much as I do! Go take a look http://www.susanirby.com/ .

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

Have a nice day!