Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Food for Thought

I am trying out a new cookbook!! Our family has had some really yummy meals this week. Breakfast one day was fresh fruit kabobs with a yougurt sour cream and honey dressing. We also tried out 2 cheese and spinach twice baked potatoes that were just heavenly! Maybe tonight we will try the pear stuffed baked potatoes or the ginger cilantro mashed sweet potatoes. Mmmmm! I am getting excited just thinking about it!

I know you are just dying to know the name of the cookbook! Well it is $7 a Meal Healthy Cookbook by Chef Susan Irby.

At just $7 a meal (or less), you can feed a family of four using fresh ingredients. I bought the book and dug right in. I made a menu chart and my daughters and I started going through the book and filling in with some of the yummiest looking recipes! I head to the grocery store with my list and came out spending about $270 for our family of 7 for 2 weeks! I was quite the happy camper!!

I would love to share recipes if I wasn't copyright infringing, so I guess you will have to go buy the book yourself! Then let me know what your favorite recipes are!

1 comment:

= JEO = said...

hi.. this is my firstime visit.. :)
nice blog..