Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Staying motivated

I came across a blog this morning and thought I would share it here. The blogger does a great job of detailing her thoughts on becoming comfortable in your own skin (really comfortable). Here is her post hope you enjoy it as much as I did

http://paleoparents.com/featured/what-losing-135lbs-looks-like/

Years ago I signed up for ediets. I was part of an online community that played the weightloss game together. One of the things that we had to do was set goals and rewards for achieving those goals. I was thinking that I should do that again just to keep myself motivated. Below you can see my goals and rewards. I am terrible about actually getting the rewards for myself because I will end up giving it all to my kids instead.

230 lbs  a pretty hair accessory
220 lbs  a new shirt
200 lbs  a pedicure
190 lbs  a new pair of jeans
180 lbs  a new piece of jewelry
170 lbs  a new hair cut
160 lbs  a CD or movie
150 lbs  a book
130 lbs kayaking with my hubby

So there it is my weightloss goals and rewards. I am bound and determined to make this happen this time around!! So far I am doing ok not stellar but ok! I really wish the pounds would come off a little more consistently instead of up and down a 1/2 to a pound, but I can't complain.

The last few days I have had a really annoying headache that I can't seem to shake. Yesterday I gave into it and bought a Pepsi that I sipped on through the day--that helped a lot. I need to go get some excedrin I think so that I have something to take for the headaches.


No comments: